Monday, December 2, 2013

Upsold and Questioning My Decision

So, we went from a $75 manicure and pedicure price point for the two of us, to a $100 price point! What was included in this, I continue to ask myself?  A regular pedicure, flowers and a rhinestone on the big toes for my daughter, and a manicure with the special gel stuff.  Now, I felt completely obligated to smile and express my enthusiasm.  All the while, my mind was wondering why I wanted all this in the first place.  Well, I have continued to break promises and plans to work with my daughter.  I kept putting off simply cutting, painting, and creating my own designs.  Sure, I’m good at doing manicures and pedicures.  I used to do them all the time, before becoming a mother.  It became less frequent once I started personal training, and even less time since returning to college!  Why not splurge?  I pointed out several issues, and they kindly corrected them.  I could see her joy, not only in her eyes, but her disposition was free and happy!  How could I have delayed another nail day?  We leave with our nails finished.  Wow, $100 in just over an hour’s worth of two pairs of hands and feet!  Next time, I make time!

Now, what exactly is this gel stuff?  I “Googled” a few articles online.  I think I’ll have to go pay more money to have this stuff removed, because it’s not what I thought it to be.  Apparently, it is not acrylic, but some special material that if taken off wrong, it can strip or damage my nail.  The research continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment