Monday, December 2, 2013

Spontaneous Decision to Pamper Ourselves!

I woke up excited on “Black Friday”!  The enthusiasm had nothing to do with the usual shopping that goes on during “Black Friday”, because I neither prefer being in a lot of traffic nor enjoy shopping in crowds.  As soon as I jumped out of bed, I could hear my mind working on a way to present the idea of a manicure and pedicure day.  Not only did I want to pamper myself, but I also wanted to include my daughter in the mix!  Why not go and enjoy the experience together?  After all, we both had birthdays in the next five days!  I pick up two homemade pumpkin muffins and brew my version of coffee (half a mug of Starbucks Columbian Medium Roast to half a cup of French Vanilla creamer) in the French press.  This was definitely not my average morning breakfast, or flow at that.  While the coffee was brewing, I quickly walked to my daughter’s room to wake her.  She rolled over, as if she wanted to continue to sleep in.  The moment I told her of my spontaneous idea, she jumped up and briskly found the kitchen table and breakfast for her belly.  It was like the mad dash to catch the bus!  I called the nail salon that a close friend frequents.  They were opened and able to schedule the two of us in twenty-five minutes!!!  Excitedly, the two of us were off for our very first manicure and pedicure, promising my husband we would not to spend $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment