Monday, December 2, 2013

Death by ENERGY!



I had heard about a few people dying from energy pills, but did not take it serious.  Looking back, I should have better utilized my resources to search for the data in the link below.  Ouch!  My heart goes out to the families impacted by these pills.

Tachycardia!  At the time, I had no idea of the word or the terminology.  Let’s just say that the drinks and the pills resulted in my heart beating rapidly.  I was pretty energized and warn down, at the same time!  I trusted that the drink was sold in stores and the pills were from GNC, so they had to be safe, right?  Well, unbenounced to me and likely the rest of the American population, they were a bad mix!  I did not use it for dieting or fat burning.  It was solely to keep me on my feet while I was awake on little to no sleep.  I would only get three to four hours of sleep.  That was no way to live.  

Eventually, I opened up to listening to what my body was trying to tell me.  There were signs of my heart racing, feeling out of breath and dehydrated, along with jittery hands.  My energy drinks and pill-popping days are over.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/98fr/95n-0304-bkg0003-ref07-42-table22.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment