Monday, December 2, 2013

A New Nail Salon and Gel?



We arrive at the nail salon, with an immediate “Hello!  Pick a color!” from the back of the salon.  I look around to see there was only one customer to the left, with a nail technician.  I don’t frequent nail salons, and was not familiar with the ‘protocol’, so I continued to stand with my daughter, at the entrance.  A lady comes forward from a backroom and advises us to pick a color, while motioning to the wall on our left.  We make our selection and follow the lady to the ‘nail chairs’.  As we sit in the chairs, a massage setting is in place and water is running in the bowls at our feet.  We hand the nail techs our chosen nail polish colors.  Almost immediately, my nail tech begins to ask questions regarding our manicures and pedicures.  The mention of gel continued to roll off of her tongue as a must, “especially for your daughter”, she’d say.  “It lasts longer”.  Well, it didn’t help to have a frequent customer sitting two seats to my left suggesting it, too.  She says it lasts about 6 weeks.  I figure hey, my daughter plays basketball and is heavily active in Taekwondo.  After contacting my husband and communicating with my nail tech, I agreed to have the “gel”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment