Sunday, November 10, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan

A really good friend has been distant during this time of fear and confusion.  Although her husband has contacted her with good news regarding his safety, and that "his hotel had quite a bit of wind damage but not really any flooding", I find the information still leaving her far from comfort with his situation.  Her partner for life is in a country that is currently dealing with the effects of what has been touted as the “strongest storm in recorded history”, through many news articles.  What can I say or do to reach out to my friend who is more than 8,150 miles from her husband?  I simply express my concern on Facebook and send text messages.  This seems tacky, to me.  One might ask why I choose to text, instead of call.  My response would be that my friend is a nurse that has night hours.  Her dinner is the average person’s breakfast.  It is quite difficult to make arrangements for us to have a sit-down.  I will attempt to call her, tomorrow.  If there is something to learn from experiences I’ve had and situations others have encountered, it is that you do not take time with those you care about for granted.  It is irreplaceable.  Unfortunately, for me, the current time is too late to hold a conversation with my friend.  Others may find this odd, but I have a client to train in just under six hours, but I simply cannot hold back the thoughts of concern.  The bulletins reporting the effects from the storm continue to take on the news.  We can only hope for the best.  I hope there are citizens of the United States of America who are financially able to help those in need that have honestly been negatively impacted by this catastrophic typhoon.  My heart goes out to those impacted by Typhoon Haiyan.



No comments:

Post a Comment