Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Climbing For Fun!

Outside I would go, each and every day of my childhood and adolescent years.  My father was quite the adamant military parent who cared more about the health and active lifestyles of his children.  His focus was to get us out of the house, or, as he would state, “Go outside and play”.  I loved it!  I would do anything to get out of the house, as well as the rest of friends.  I learned how to climb trees, chain linked and wooden fences, flower garden walls, vehicles, and anything that was along the outer frame of a house that would allow me to grab on with my hands and feet to get to the rooftop!  Yes!  I loved the thrill of climbing to the top of anything I could get my hands on!  The other amusing piece of climbing anything was strategically working on how to return to the ground.  Most of the time, I would find myself retracing my steps.  The few times I chose otherwise, by leaping from the roof to the next rooftop of a two story house, or quite frankly, the ground!  Sure, there could have been broken bones.  But, that never happened.  The good thing that came out of this was that my body was in motion, each and every day!  I tested my body for the sake of fun!  The effort was not because I had to move.  The love and passion for delving into new and intriguing experiences kept me in the flow of wanting more from the outdoors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment