Monday, October 21, 2013

Setbacks and What You Do With Them



How important is your body to you?  When faced with a setback, do you spin around the question of why you are in “whatever” this issue may be, or do you find yourself determined to overcome “whatever” this hurdle is?  I’m just as human as the next person.  I’ve had my ups and my downs.  It’s how I choose to handle my situations.  Again, I find myself faced with a minor setback that will prevent me from running, just a little bit longer.  As I speak to my clients on listening to their bodies, I must take my own advice.  Imagine the feeling of being very active to limiting activity for several months.  While many people think it is the end to my career, I find no need to sit on the sulking mood and giving up.  Instead, I continue to move forward.  Determined and focused, I train clients, instruct boot camp and yoga classes, and workout.  This is imperative to my survival!  I know that in time, my body will find a way of healing itself.  During this process, I have and will continue to learn to be calm and cope with what is in front of me.  Along with practicing yoga, I carry on with strength training, and limit my level of cardio.  It is my body that will only allow me to endure so much body weight in motion.  I’m accepting of this, and will not allow this to be what “breaks or makes me”.  Each day is a new day.  Tomorrow, my body will not be the same as it was today. 

I must understand that every action I take will influence those around me.  Showing others that I can overcome adversity, and knowing that has made an impact on at least one individual will be very rewarding.  It is this opportunity that is in front of me and it allows me to understand I am here to help others in a way that inspires them to move forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment